The MedSpa at Wake Plastic Surgery proudly serves Cary, Raleigh, and the surrounding areas.
We offer a variety of specialized peels, varying in strength, to address multiple conditions by removing damaged outer layers. Peels are tailored to your specific needs and concerns, including anti-aging, acne, pore size, pigmentation, and texture. Chemical peels can be performed on the face, neck, chest, hands, arms, shoulders, and back. A chemical peel is one of the least invasive ways to improve the appearance of your skin.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels use the process of delivering a topical solution to the skin in order to exfoliate the top layer, remove dead skin cells, and stimulate new skin growth and collagen formation. The overall effect produces a smoother skin surface with a more uniform texture and coloration.
- Glycolic acid peels provide superficial exfoliation to help reduce mild to moderate signs of aging including fine lines, wrinkles and photodamage.
- Salicylic acid is used to help reduce the symptoms of oily, blemish-prone skin. It provides superficial exfoliation and helps improve the appearance of acne lesions. This peel is formulated for patients experiencing blackheads, whiteheads, papules and pustules.
- Perfect Peel uses powerful ingredients for skin rejuvenation including: TCA, kojic acid, retinoic acid, salicylic acid, phenol, vitamin C and the antioxidant Glutathione for superior skin lightening. This peel provides a medium-depth exfoliation.
Is A Chemical Peel Right For Me?
- Improve the clarity, tone and texture of the skin
- Remove or reduce hyperpigmentation, including melasma
- Control acne and improve appearance of scars
- Reduce the appearance of pore size
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate the production of collagen and elastin for firmer, more youthful skin.
What Should I Expect During The Procedure?
A peel procedure should take around 20 minutes depending on the type of peel you are having and the number of layers applied. During the procedure it is possible to experience a mild tingling, itching and heating sensation. These are completely normal and are temporary. Every peel procedure will cause some degree of flaking or peeling with varying amounts of redness post-procedure. The degree and duration of flaking, peeling and redness are dependant upon the acid strength and type. The day after your procedure you may start to feel tightness. During the next 7 to 14 days flaking and/or peeling may occur. If you do not experience and flaking or peeling, it does not mean that you will not achieve optimal results. All peel procedures will cause sensitivity to heat and sun for several days. It is critical to the success of the peel that you comply with post procedure care requirements.SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION